Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shorty87

Free Mod question

7 posts in this topic

What are the 'free mods' for the 2005 WR 450? Sorry, this is my first day. I'm stupid with computers. Thanks a lot.

-Uncork the exhaust

-DC the Grey Wire

-Put in the YZ throttle Stop

-Remove the Airbox Snorkel

One more bit of advice...Since this is a very informative site, it's always a good idea to use the search feature before you ask a question. You'll be surprised at the comprehensiveness of the information already in the various threads...SC

I believe someone made a sticky out of every free mod there was for a WR450 didnt they? :) trust me someone will ring in here with the answer shortly don't go away.

Oh,welcome to TT :)

I believe someone made a sticky out of every free mod there was for a WR450 didnt they? :) trust me someone will ring in here with the answer shortly don't go away.

Oh,welcome to TT :)

The sticky isn't sticky though.

What are the 'free mods' for the 2005 WR 450? Sorry, this is my first day. I'm stupid with computers. Thanks a lot.

That's funny! I still have to call in my kids all the time for help. Glad I'm not the only computer dummy.

One problem on the '05 450. Since it is now California "green", the fuel screw is blocked off (easy to drill out the cover), but the big deal is the jet needle now only has one clip position.

Generally, when doing the free mods, you want to richen that jet needle by one clip position to take advantage of the improved airflow from the airbox and exhaust mods. You now either have to buy an '04 jet needle, or get the JD kit.