HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
noslo98

Exhaust leak question??

5 posts in this topic

I have been having issues with my 03 450 for a few months now and could not figure it out, so i finally took it to the local yamaha dealer so they could deal with it. It has been popping when ever you hold the throttle in one position but is some what ok under power.They checked everything out valve spec,carb dis assambly,exhaust test etc. all was good. Then they said they pulled the exaust off and re sealed it with silicone and now it runs fine or a lot better than before. I know exaust leaks do a little but will it be this drastic?? They are recomending that i get a new system i am currently runnind a full jardine system.Any thaughts??

he was saying because jardine sucks in his oppinon, it is in top condition the muffler is only a month old because the baffle broke and they ended up sending me a new muffler instead of fixing it. He was tring to get me to go with a yosh system. I just dont want to loose anything on top because the jardine was the highest hp pipe for the 450.

Thats what i have been thinking because i am not really impressed with the quality of the jardine system the baffle has broken twice and cant ever get the bike to run right hard as hell to tune. I want a race type system that flows like this one but i need the option for a spark arrestor every once in a while so the carbon pro is out then. What about the gytr system is any one running it??