HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NuckingFuts

WR426 oil change interval

7 posts in this topic

I know there's a new handful of 426 owners here(including me) in the last month or two so Ive been keepin' the tread titles obvious for us all. :)

I did a search but this question wasnt answered by a 426 owner:

How often are you changing the oil? Are you changing the filter out each time or have you found that it isnt dirty enough?

I ask b/c the manual calls for a change every 600 miles which seems EXTREME to me since Im used to changing oil on my 2 stroke every other ride.

Id like to hear from the experienced :)

I change my oil about every four rides. I know you can go longer than that if you want, but oil is cheap insurance. I always clean the filter every time the oil is changed, but it usually not dirty.

WHAT I HAVE DONE TO STOP THE CHANGING OF OIL I DO NOT RIDE OR START IT AND EVERY TIME YES YOU GUESSED IT ITS CLEAN HOPE I HAVE HELPED YOU :):)

Well, I do mine every 300 miles, a lot of that is on the road.

This seems excessive to me having been used to every 4K on my Gixxer.

I personally believe that it comes downs to what quality oil you use too. Use cheap shit and you're asking for trouble. Use something decent like comp 4 or Pro and you can aford to squeeze more mileage out of it.

I guess it 's also how hard you ride too!

Oil change at app 350-500 kms for play riding.

Every weekends when practicing on the mx track.

It all depends of what you do and how you do it.