alpinestars tech10

hi all, in erratic behaviour i'm spreading a net around the forums, trying to find some guy, who already owns a pair of those, for as much time as possible, to be able to tell me mostly about the quality, predicted lifespan, riding feeling, off-road usefulness, of those boots

why I'm planning to buy them? been offered 277$ price, and all other brands top models are in my country priced around 380-440$ and tech 8 are totaly undeliverable, since there is no importer for alps at all, well could go to Austria, but for example, T8 costs there 465$ and with good connection could get 20% off, still expensive

anybody??

tomorrow Im about to receive a black pair of those with only one good review from actual owner and many negative responses because of the price factor

Ill be paying..305$ (not 277), and is by far the most valuabe piece of equippment excl the bike, I ve bought, to enjoy riding and safety

• 2 weeks later...

finally got a chance to take'em for a spin, really nice in snow...dry, climatic

otherwise very compact, robust and light, with free but very limited ankle movement

very good for shifting/braking...no need for break-in...plug & play, as they say

first ride, heavy and hard, performed at 90% accuracy in bike control

not just ups, some downs as well...quite slippery boot due to the footbed style, but hope a thing to get used to ?

pleased 101% ?

gallery_373_43_6221.jpg

P3120165.JPG

any questions? thought so

I looked at a pair of tech 10's. I hear the ads about lightness but they seemed heavy to me. I have forma pros now and like them but the soles are going down pretty fast. My next boots will be alpinestars.

I'm fairly hard on boot soles (I resole my boots every six months...check out what I did to my old Fly boots ) and I just bought a pair of SIDI Force SRS boots. I currently own a pair of Tech 8's but having to take them into the boot shop for resoling ($60 each time) is getting annoying. I went with the Force SRS boots because you can replace the sole at home for around $20. I haven't ridden with them yet but I will probably break them in at Moab in two weeks.