HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tiny

98 WR 400 Vs. 98 YZ400

7 posts in this topic

I have a friend selling his 98 WR400. I was wondering what is the differance and what can be done to make is more like the YZ? One thing I read about is the throttle stop. I believe my friend installed the one from the YZ. Is there any jetting change for this? Will I notice more rotation of the throttle with the YZ stop installed. Any assitance will be appreciated. My friend has always had a hard time starting this bike. I read some threads on the techniques needed to start. I plan check it out on Sunday. :)

Thanks,

Tiny.

i've got the auto decomp cam in my 98 wr400. after starting my friends bike w/o it, thank god! mine's a kick and go affair

Well I tried to start it today. It has been sitting for a while and I live is Michigan with 20*F temp today. I had it started and stall quit a few times and then it would stall. I got the rhythm with the kick start but did not want to stay running. I worked the throttle a little to keep it running to no avail. Is the 20*f temps a big factor with these bikes?

my 99WR400 starts like a dream, always has. I use the method stated by Dubach and it works well cold or hot one of my Friends has a YZ400 and I think there is no difference after mods are done except on the mapping quicker responce of throttle but seems like he is shifting gears a lot of the time while I can stay in 3rd and lug along on a tight trail or rail and still hold a gear for a while and the still have two great gears left:) I can go longer on fuel and I can get a plate for it which would be awesome