2004 450 suspensiom woes!!!!

Are there any other complaints about the yz450's suspension????

I'm a 208lbs rider with 20 years of riding. this is the worst handeling bike I've ever owned!!!!

It work great on a MX track :) trail riding it sucks :) need to re valve it

So are you asking how to set up the bike so it works for you or just complaining? If you are frustrated then sell it and buy something that will make you happy.

If you want help then give some info and say what the problem is. With 20 yrs on bikes you should know how to ask an intelligent suspension question. If you just want to gripe don't expect any help here.

What exactly is it that you find objectionable. With so much experience, you should be able to articulate the problem more specifically.

Mine works great with the springs, re-valve, and my sub tank.

First of all , I would like to tell the ROOKIe to **** off :)

Anybody else who would like to give any advise or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.........

The main suspension issue that I'm having is that the bike seems to be real choppy over small stutters going into a berm which inturn makes setting up and exiting the burm a real challenge. Put in new springs front and rear with help from Pro-action with size and settings.

Just trying to find out if anybody else is having the same problems...

i was having the same exact problem as you are. forks were harsh on the bottom end of the top stroke, it made entering fast turns absolutely scary.

my solution? i gave up, sold it.

Anybody else who would like to give any advise or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.........

The main suspension issue that I'm having is that the bike seems to be real choppy over small stutters going into a berm which inturn makes setting up and exiting the burm a real challenge. Put in new springs front and rear with help from Pro-action with size and settings.

Off-roader (Hare Scrambles) here, so not directly applicable to ya; but Pro-Action here in KC has been very good about taking my weekly feedback and getting my 450 dialed in for the off-road stuff around here. You could imagine a slow off road guy having the bike dancing and hopping lines going into the corners (slow as I do); so, I immediately sought help before I hurt myself. :D

I think ROOKie was trying to lead you in the right direction. the more info you can provide your suspension guy, the better they can help you get it dialed in for your specific style, etc.

We went through a couple iterations on the valving and the valve bodies. But did get it very comfortable. :p

If you are new to the 4-bangers (especially the big ones) you've then already noticed that they will plow like a John Deere. Get your weight up on the front for the turns, and/or raise the forks in the clamps and make sure your sag isn't over 102mm (4 inches). These things seem to be testy as far as going from stink-bug to chopper in terms of feel.

The springs play a big part, of course. You're a bigger guy than I am, so you probably went the right way changing the springs. My weight was in line with what ProAction wants me to run for springs.

I'm happy with my stuff. Keep your tuner working for you (ProAction will...) and you'll get there.

Thump on Big Guy.......... :)

You have to spell suspension correctly 10 times in a row in order for it to function properly.

When you have more than two posts you might have a leg to stand on. But your first post articulated nothing as WRookie identified.

I say sell it.

have you tryed moveing the fork legs up in the triple clamps????

first off, the 450f (and its suspension) is designed to handle the rigors of motocross racing, that is what its valved for. if your riding trails you should have either bought a wr450f or just get your yzf suspension revalved to your specs and for what kind of riding you do. then you will like the bike much more.

www.enzoracing.com

www.factoryconnection.com

www.mx-tech.com

www.proaction.com

doug

have you tried losing weight, sounds like youre a bit of a porker, bike is set up stock for someone 160-170 lbs. havent heard of too many people complaining about 'suspensiom'