Trickle Charger: Buy one

I should've bought the damn thing a year ago. Man, makes storing the bike 100x easier and the magic button works every time :)

If you're interested this is the one I got. I've got an '04 with a Baja Kit that sucks the battery if I for some reason turn anything on without running the bike.

http://tinyurl.com/x9z5

For those of us that use the bikes relatively infrequently this sounds like a good idea, do you disconnect the battery when you use the trickle charger?

Good tip!! I'll charge mine maybe once a month. True, it really does like a fresh charge once in while.

For those of us that use the bikes relatively infrequently this sounds like a good idea, do you disconnect the battery when you use the trickle charger?

No you don't disconnect the battery from the bike. I left everything as is and just used the connectors supplied and hooked it right up. I went for a long ride yesterday (6 hours) and didn't have problems with the e-start at all. Granted it didn't always get the bike started but the battery and the lights were strong all day. For $30 it sure did save a lot of pain and suffering. :)

Do most of you have that many problems starting yours? We usually go out once a month for a weekend trip. Usually I have little or no trouble starting it on the first ride of the first morning. After that, it's back to full strength and I have no trouble at all. It starts after our breaks on the trail and after a lunch break. It also fires right up on the next day's rides.