bk mod

does the bk mod make your bike harder to start from cold :)

whats the bk mod?

It could cause it to start "harder" because it is not dumping as much fuel into the engine. Try changing your starting routine and experiment with a few "blips" of the throttle before you start kickin. Worked great for me.

As for what the BK mod is read this...

Motoman393's Article on the BK MOD

yes thats along the lines that i was thinking i thought if you gave the bike a couple of blips it allways starts first time but now the bk mod is done you dont get the fuel there like you would before :) so i was thinking if that would make it harder to start :) did anyone else notice any probs with starting after they had done this mod and if so how do you start your bike now :p

I have never had to touch the throttle to start either of my YZF's. It's all about having the pilot circuit jetted corectly. I had the BK mod on my '01 with great results.

It could cause it to start "harder" because it is not dumping as much fuel into the engine. Try changing your starting routine and experiment with a few "blips" of the throttle before you start kickin. Worked great for me.

I wouldn't think the BK mod would change starting fuel mixture at all if you don't presently touch the throttle. :) You are modifying the accel pump which only comes pumps fuel when you twist the throttle. If you don't twist the throttle now when you start you are not adding fuel. If you do twist the throttle now when you start you probably will need more twist to get the same fuel in after the BK mod.