crf450r vs xr650r

i was wondering what has more power and be a better choice for an all around bike?

flynn,

After reading your bio:

Birthday:

August 13, 1987

Biography:

ride fast ride faster

Interests:

riding

honda rep

British Columbia

I can understand why you would ask such a question. My advice to you would be to read all the posts in both the CRF450 forum, as well as all the posts in the 650 forum. Maybe then you can figure it out.

BTW, if you are coming off of a yz85, like one of your 3 previous posts suggest, then neither of the bikes mentioned above would be good for you.

?

Hey...

It all depends in what type of Terrain you ride, if it's fast and rough and little technical get the XR650R low maintence and nice bike or the XR600R with all the goodies (clamps,exhaust,sprockets,etc,etc...) is nice a bike bullet proof and will not let you down (if well mainteine...) and fast bike will teach you to ride fast bikes ( I have one).

The CRF450R is all around bike great desert, mx, enduro, trail bike....but needs a lot of money to get it modified (but depends what are you riding..)

it's and original MX bike...

And About the age ahhhhh............don't worry if you fell secure about you riding big bikes, go for it. I was riding a XR200R at the age of 17-18 and then jumped to the XR600R and XR650........A diferent world....

DRZ Motorsports 119

CR125 is the bike you need. Learn on the two stroke, it will make you a better rider. There is a reason all the guys in ama supercross ride 250 four strokes. It's easy, compaired to a 125 two stroke. Riding the 125 will help you find speed and precision. Then move up to bigger bikes. No mater the bike ride it to the limit. most internet riders never realize this. Bikes or money can not buy skilll, only hard work and pratcice.

CRF's are wicked looking and light and powerfull. I think as already said it is alldown to how much you like maintenance and tinkering with your bike. XR650R valves are easy to adjust but apparently CRF's require shims to adjust the valve clearances and more regular oil & filter changes.

What are you talking about TIM? ?

Kid seems to young and inexperienced for a 450 or 650r coming off a yz80. Just my opinion. I'd rather read threads by him than one dedicated to him. Seems to me he'd take a quick dirt nap.. ?

BRP Tim, Ok, I thought for a second that you were implying that the bike might fall apart on him or something. Sorry ? Yah, if he's coming off an 85cc he might want to think twice. ALTHOUGH, I have a friend who I taught how to ride a bike on my BRP with a lot of caution. He fell in love with the 650r and just had to buy one. He did, as his first bike! The guy never had a moped, scooter, nothing. He's a good rider now! ?:D And even more amazing, he's never hurt himself on the bike! ?

i was wondering what has more power and be a better choice for an all around bike?

The xr650r is faster. The crf450r is quicker.

The xr650r might seem slow moving after coming off a crf450r, but its deceiving.

The crf wins up to 40-50 mph, then the 650r goes by and never looks back.