HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
minion

Suspension advice for new 05 wr450

4 posts in this topic

I've never messed with my suspension before. Anyone have some suggestions: Like what to look for (how bike feels) and what to adjust?

If anyone has any suggestions on what settings to start with, I'm about 6', 190lbs.

I noticed this weekend that my front was very stiff. :) Well, I mean my front forks on my 05 WR450 was not so plush. The manual seems to have a lot of info. on what to do. I am around 6'3" 230.

Hmmm, I felt the opposite, my initial feel was that the rebound on the front forks was soft, so what I did was read the manual and stock settings are all at ten clicks out(20 total). I wanted stiffer action on the whoops and so forth. I went 2 clicks in on all and it stiffened right up. I rode on the new and liked it well. Race Tech makes quick adjust that would make adjustments a snap. Oh yeah, I am 5-7, 190

I just dialed in my suspension this past weekend. It made a HUGE difference, definately as important as any of the other mods I did. What I did was first set the sag per the manual, 3.5-3.9 inches I think. Then I rode it and made a mental note as to how the suspension felt. Came in and adjusted the compression and rebound dampening and went out and rode more. This time a carried a small screwdriver with me so I could make adjustments on the trail and get a more immediate feel for the effect. After a few more small adjustments it felt perfect for me. Other than the sag it is very easy to make adjustments so I'd just play with it a little. Just make sure you keep track of where each setting is. Hope this helped. Oh, and I seemed to have way too much rebound on my bike initially and I'm 200 lbs. Not sure if this is normal but dampening that helped quite a bit. Other than that everything wa set way too soft for me.

Matt