HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nevadaoutlaw

05 WR450F Magnetic Oil Plug

6 posts in this topic

Yes. I always have a little metal fuzz on the tip when I change the oil. Rahter catch it then have it run through the engine. :)

Zip Ty is very popular with a large magnet. You can get it from www.ziptyracing.com

I have them on all my bikes and they can easily be made for under a dollar by drilling the stock drain plug and epoxying + pressing in a neodymium rare earth cylinder magnet. You'll see a grey slime build up on the magnet and you might sometimes see tiny flakes or fuzz on it. If you wipe off the grey slime from the magnet with a paper towel, you'll find its magnetic. If you don't have the time, equipment or don't want to make one, then as Indy said, the ZipTy plug is popular and a good choice. The ZipTy plugs also come anodized for that extra bling factor :)

This forum has cost me more money in the last 4 or 5 years. People just post links, I go to them, and whip out the old credit card... Anyway, Just purchased a magnetic drain plug from ZipTy. :)

I didn't have the time or the neodymium rare earth cylinder magnet to make my own magnet bolt. So I purchased the bolt from Zip Ty.

I am glad I have you guys to convience me that spending $25 (bolt + shipping) is a good idea. It helps ease the pain. :)

...I am glad I have you guys to convience me that spending $25 (bolt + shipping) is a good idea. It helps ease the pain. :)

If you would have bought 10 of them from the TT store at $15.26 each, you would have received free shipping and reduced your total unit cost to $15.26 since there's no tax on the stuff coming from TT to Cali :)

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=WB_72-2008