Turning WR450F to Dakar ready

Hello Everyone,

I'm planning to buy a new 2005 WR450F to attend to Dakar Rally. Does anyone know a dealer selling tank, cockpit, etc. modifications? I live in Dubai, UAE so I have to make an order from abroad anyway.

- Tomi

i think there is or will be a complete rally kit available for yamaha, made by an aftermarket company

desert_kit_pres.html

jansen.jos@skynet.be

5valve,

Thanks for your reply. I tryed to contact those guys, but they are not so responsive. It seems like it's a kit they will install at their garage.

- Tomi

Thanks guys for your help. I sent them an e-mail. I hope they reply.

Yep, my wallet will be quite thin after Dakar (-07 or -08) is done :) Heh, so will be me also. I lost 5 kiloes during 4 days of UAE Desert Challenge. Maybe temperature +47 celcius in the desert has something to do about it :)

- Tomi

I lost 5 kiloes during 4 days of UAE Desert Challenge. Maybe temperature +47 celcius in the desert has something to do about it :)

- Tomi

I wonder how Frostbite would handle +47 C !!! :)

I wonder how Frostbite would handle +47 C !!! :)

he'd probly melt like frosty :)

It was the hottest Desert Challenge ever.. few of the rider needed to hospitalize because of heat stoke.

I was riding a beamer and I had major over heating problems :)

Now a need a real bike :)

did you meet any slovenian guy, riding white rally 660, with blue green logo EURO.M, named Tomaž Merhar-tomo

does a name Miran Stanovnik sound familiar--he crashed badly on the UAE, so he skipped Dakar, but plans to hit the 2006

all pround slovenians :), i mostly train with the upper mentined guy, who at 45 years tears the nature up with his (sorry to say) exc450 :)

I didn't met him personally, sorry to say.. I hope he is ok again. My team mate was riding LC4 640 :)

If that Dakar Kit for WR450 costs US$ 13000, maybe I need to consider KTM as well :)

Fully kitted brand new 660 Rally costs about US$ 24.500

If that Dakar Kit for WR450 costs US$ 13000, maybe I need to consider KTM as well :o

Fully kitted brand new 660 Rally costs about US$ 24.500

Hey honey I cant pay the mortgage for the next year. Got to go get a Dakar fitted bike! :);):):p:D:D

:) That's a good one..

If the price tag for the kit is true, those guys must have be laughing