HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tomppa68

Turning WR450F to Dakar ready

14 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone,

I'm planning to buy a new 2005 WR450F to attend to Dakar Rally. Does anyone know a dealer selling tank, cockpit, etc. modifications? I live in Dubai, UAE so I have to make an order from abroad anyway.

- Tomi

5valve,

Thanks for your reply. I tryed to contact those guys, but they are not so responsive. It seems like it's a kit they will install at their garage.

- Tomi

Thanks guys for your help. I sent them an e-mail. I hope they reply.

Yep, my wallet will be quite thin after Dakar (-07 or -08) is done :) Heh, so will be me also. I lost 5 kiloes during 4 days of UAE Desert Challenge. Maybe temperature +47 celcius in the desert has something to do about it :)

- Tomi

I lost 5 kiloes during 4 days of UAE Desert Challenge. Maybe temperature +47 celcius in the desert has something to do about it :)

- Tomi

I wonder how Frostbite would handle +47 C !!! :)

It was the hottest Desert Challenge ever.. few of the rider needed to hospitalize because of heat stoke.

I was riding a beamer and I had major over heating problems :)

Now a need a real bike :)

did you meet any slovenian guy, riding white rally 660, with blue green logo EURO.M, named Tomaž Merhar-tomo

does a name Miran Stanovnik sound familiar--he crashed badly on the UAE, so he skipped Dakar, but plans to hit the 2006

all pround slovenians :), i mostly train with the upper mentined guy, who at 45 years tears the nature up with his (sorry to say) exc450 :)

I didn't met him personally, sorry to say.. I hope he is ok again. My team mate was riding LC4 640 :)

If that Dakar Kit for WR450 costs US$ 13000, maybe I need to consider KTM as well :)

Fully kitted brand new 660 Rally costs about US$ 24.500

If that Dakar Kit for WR450 costs US$ 13000, maybe I need to consider KTM as well :o

Fully kitted brand new 660 Rally costs about US$ 24.500

Hey honey I cant pay the mortgage for the next year. Got to go get a Dakar fitted bike! :);):):p:D:D