WOW what a bike.

I have to thank the people on TT for the info on the 2005 WR450f. The stock version had nothing to excited about. But after #1. Jd jetting kit (170 main, blue needle 3rd position),#2. Zip-ty screw(out 1 3/4 turns),#3 lowedog kit (thanks Lowedog ? ),#4.Remove air box snorkel,#5.grey wire unplug,#6. Throttle stop cut#7. 2004 yz exaust.Now WOW what a bike I have to sit on the tank to keep the front down in all gears and I'm 190lbs! Just wanted to say thanks again and its nice to have a bike that RIPS. ?

How loud is the YZ Exhaust; vs. stock with the baffle out? I was planning on a White Brother's E2 when they ship for 2005's; never thought about a YZ exhaust.

Is it an entire exhaust system w/header or a slip-on?

Elton

I have to thank the people on TT for the info on the 2005 WR450f. The stock version had nothing to excited about. But after #1. Jd jetting kit (170 main, blue needle 3rd position),#2. Zip-ty screw(out 1 3/4 turns),#3 lowedog kit (thanks Lowedog ),#4.Remove air box snorkel,#5.grey wire unplug,#6. Throttle stop cut#7. 2004 yz exaust.Now WOW what a bike I have to sit on the tank to keep the front down in all gears and I'm 190lbs! Just wanted to say thanks again and its nice to have a bike that RIPS.

05 WR450F

New thump, would you mind giving a total for the cost of the mods described in your above thread?

yz pipe louder than stock(baffle out) yz silencer fit on stock header

I have to disagree here. I'm running a YZ exhaust with a PMB end cap and it is significantly quieter than the stocker without the core. It is definitely not 96db (probably closer to 100). The numbers I've seen show the stock open can at around 103db. And yes the headpipe is the same on YZ/WR.

I have to disagree here. I'm running a YZ exhaust with a PMB end cap and it is significantly quieter than the stocker without the core.

'05 pipe has been redesigned and is now at 96db with the restrictor removed.

Ya, the '04 and older pipes are insane uncorked.

Is it possible to 'uncork' the '05 pipe on the WR I noticed it looks a lot different than the '04.

Two ways to go (for the moment).

You can drill out the two rivets and pull the plug as shown in www.thumperfaq.com

This keeps it at 96db.

You can remove the entire tailpiece and put the cone back on.... it's louder, but I don't know HOW much louder.

ProMotoBillet is finalizing a replacement tailpiece with a larger opening than the unplugged stocker. Knowing them, it will flow better than the unplugged stock pipe and be just as quiet.