what gearing are you track and tight trail riders using

looking for 2003 info, or do you guys just switch the front sprocket thanks

I seem to be getting along fine using the stock gearing. Renthal sprockets/chain.

Doug

For trail riding (what I mostly do), I went to a renthal 13 tooth front sprocket. Considering going 49 tooth back as well. I've heard flywheel weights are good too for series trailriding (mountains and such), but you would want to take it off for track most likely.

I run 15/49 everywhere. A little tall, but it works for me.

14/48:stock. This gearing works very well for me but I am only 5'10" and 155lbs. Heavier guys may want to go up in back or down on the front sprocket;note a change on the front sprocket is worth like 3-4 teeth on the rear. :)

I just switched back to 14/48 from 14/49. Believe it or not I'm actually stalling the bike less with the 48.

Tryed a lot of combo's. Ended up with the stock 14/48.

I just switched back to 14/48 from 14/49. Believe it or not I'm actually stalling the bike less with the 48.

MXA magazine says that 14/47 is even better for less stalling. The gear ratio spins the engine faster and helps with stalling.

MXA magazine says that 14/47 is even better for less stalling. The gear ratio spins the engine faster and helps with stalling.

Makes sense to me