Stop screwed

Ordered the YZ stop screw, got it, and it seemed kind of long. Took out the shortened screw, which measured approx 23mm, which I believe is the correct length. Measured the new screw, which is part # 5GS-14591-00, and its approx 1-1/4 " long. I believe that is the original length of the stock screw. I let the parts fool find the #, it was off the # I got here @ TT, and it cant be right. Moral of the story: NEVER LET SOME FOOL TELL YOU WHAT PART TO ORDER!

Why order the throttle stop screw if you had a WR screw shortened to the correct length of 23mm ? Redundant, since they both accomplish the same task ? ?

------------------

Y2K WR400FM,Answer top tree w/Accu-Trax clamp,Pro-Tapers(CR-Hi w/ EE handguards),Devol Rad. & frame guards, Guts tall soft foam w/ ballistic cover, 13/50 gears w/DID VM X-Ring, Kouba-T,Michelin M-12's ft.& rr.,12 oz. flywheel weight, Ty Davis Link & Shark Fin, Cycra front rotor guard and T.M. Designworks Chain guide and buffer

Bluethunder-

I wanted to be sure about the correct length. Some guys cut it down to 27mm, others to 22mm. I heard too many different opinions, so thats why I blew the 13 bucks trying to get the right length. Im currently using a screw thats 22mm long, and I dont hear the WFO babbling, so I think Im cured.