HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
phd

WR450F vs. CRF450X

4 posts in this topic

Has anybody had the chance to ride and compare the CRF and the WR? If so please advise, as I am trying to decide which one I want.

Thanks

What I can tell you is that the WR will be MUCH more reliable. No issues with valves. They haven't addressed the problem from the CRF on the CRFX. Everyone I know that has owned a CRF has had issues with the valves and overheating problems. A guy I ride with has had a CRF, KTM 450, and now owns a Yamaha. He's been the most pleased with the blue bike. Hope this helps you in your decision.

The CRF handles tight woods way better! :) Needs flywheel, lower gearing, soften the suspension and it is the best handling 450 on the market!

You need a new piston & rings often, new valves and adjustments very often. If you ride a lot buy 2 while one of the engines is being rebuilt you can ride the other. :)

If you ride a lot buy 2 while one of the engines is being rebuilt you can ride the other. :)

That sums it up in a nut shell :)