XR600 desert tanks

Looking for a larger tank for my '87 XR600, but don't want something that is so big/wide that makes it a a bigger pig than it already is - especially knee room.

I have not seen any of these tanks, so looking for comments on them. Anyone have pics?

I also noticed that Clark makes a 5.0 and IMS makes a 4.0 and 4.7 gal tanks. I noticed that IMS says that it tanks fit all years, but the Clarke lists two different tanks for '87 & older/'88 & newer. I know the seats/side covers are different starting with '88.

Thanks for any help.

I just put the Clarke 5.0 on my 87. The only reason I bought it was because it was the cheapest new tank I could find. No complaints at all. Its definitely bigger though. Makes the bike look even beefier.

How wide is the tank, especially where your legs/knees go? Do you have any pics of it installed?

I had a IMS 4.9 on my 93. I found the tank to be somewhat wider near the knee area, but not a whole lot. Most of the extra capacity come from the upper portion of the tank being taller (area under the gas cap). After a couple of rides I was used to the extra girth.

bikeinpines.jpg