Is frame oil screen washer reusable?

Is the oil frame screen washer a 'crush' washer or a reusable normal washer. (02' WR426)

If anyone has reused it did oil seep out?

Muchas Gracias!

Is it fibre or brass :)

By the looks of the perimeter of the washer is a regular ol' washer. But, Ive seen washers that are half alloy and half brass. I dont have an extra one so I dont want to change the oil unless I can either reuse it or have another on hand.

Was gonna ride today but I guess I'll wait to make sure before wasting oil.

If you are confused as to what washer Im talking about, it goes between the oil strainer and frame.

i have always re-used it and havent had any problems.

I have never found anything in it and nor met anyone who has.

If this is your first oil change, then re-used it. If you have checked the strainer before, then don't bother.

Thanks, I'll give it a try. :)

I reuse it everytime since i have the bike and no leak :p

Just have a problem with it: the torque value of the strainer :) At 65 in/po, it' s way to tight. I' m affraid to torque it at this value :D Max 40 in/po :)

Same with mine, a real PIA to get off, nothing in it anyway.

Just finished pulling it off and what a bear to get off!!! AND THERE WASNT ANYTHING IN IT....GRRRRR! :)

Oh well, fresh oil to rip! :)

Thanks again!

Just finished pulling it off and what a bear to get off!!! AND THERE WASNT ANYTHING IN IT....GRRRRR! :)

THERE SHOULDN'T BE ANYTHING IN IT!

Is the oil frame screen washer a 'crush' washer or a reusable normal washer. (02' WR426)

If anyone has reused it did oil seep out?

Muchas Gracias!

Technically, no, in reality, yes.

Yeah, it wasnt until I pulled it off that I realized it was a crush washer......which I never re-use.