Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tuekwik

04 YZ450F cutting out in 4th

10 posts in this topic

It only does it when I'm in 4th gear. I can redline 1,2,3, and no cutting out once I hold the throttle steady in 4th it starts to cut out really bad. I can punch it and it wont cut out but as soon as hold the throttle steady it starts to cut out. Any ideas? thanks. :)

that happened to me too !! on my yz450f , 2004.. it happened on the highway when i was goin to the track i couldnt keep a steady throttle position and i changed the jets and runs great i think it was cause im at sea level or something ike that but its jetting

I'm running the James Dean kit with the stock pipe, and the stock pilot jet. Run the recommended main jet/ needle and clip pos. per your alltitude and it should run sweet. Mine runs crisp as hell. It's well worth the $$$ imho.

I'm running the James Dean kit with the stock pipe, and the stock pilot jet. Run the recommended main jet/ needle and clip pos. per your alltitude and it should run sweet. Mine runs crisp as hell. It's well worth the $$$ imho.

how much does the jd jet kit run??

and does it still work good on after market pipes??

oooh man i dont know

what jet i put in there sorry !! i took it to the mechanic and he put another one in there and messed with the carb alil and now its puuuuuuuurfect ! :)

Just cut back on the main. You are just slightly rich. Cutting out under more load is normal in higher gears and not lower ones if you are just slightly rich. :)