HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PeterJ

IMS 4.6 Desert Tank?

4 posts in this topic

FYI:

I'm cleaning out my garage. Posted this on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=35586&item=4529512345&rd=1

I bought it used and never put it on the bike. I think it is the 4.6 gallon. I sold the BRP last May and bought a DRZ400K to take its place. Reading some of these threads makes me miss that motor! Pete

homologated tanks for the XR650R:

3.2 IMS

4.3 Clark

4.6 IMS

6.0 Acerbis

3.2 Acerbis

7.0 IMS

10.0 Aqualine

10.2 African Queens

theres also two Monnier tanks, but i cant remember their exact sizes (one big, one small) and i'm to lazy to look it up...

I have a 3.2 IMS dry break tank for sale--first $120 clams.

The IMS web site only lists a 3.2 now. There is another IMS tank on e-bay now that looks just like it and that person has it listed as a 4.6. Anyway, it's a good sized tank and I need to move it. It has XR-5 molded in it where the seat comes up on the tank if that helps.