Where to find 450 cam the cheapest?

I posted a reply in the stickied 450 cam thread, but I haven't gotten a response yet. Anyway, I was reading through that thread at some old posts, and found that many of you said to call John @ World Powersports to get the cheapest price on the cam. I believe it was something like $85 from him, but you had to call and talk to him directly. Is this still the deal, or is there a better one out there? Any information you can give is appreciated. Thanks.

The cheapest one that I found was from here http://www.generationmx.com/main.html I think it was around $95.00 which is a pretty darn good price in my opinion...

The cheapest one that I found was from here http://www.generationmx.com/main.html I think it was around $95.00 which is a pretty darn good price in my opinion...

Don't you have to pay a $10 fee to join generationmx.com?

Even if you have to pay the 10 dollars and a little shipping costs its still a bit cheaper than the local dealer

i bought mine from them a year ago and have been totally pleased since

Ive also installed the Hot Cams Ex Cam and have good results from it too

Zanotti Motors quoted a price of $94.40, but they didn't have the cam in stock. I then called North County Yamaha and spoke to Tom in parts. He originally quoted me a price of $104.00, but I told him the price I was quoted by Zanotti and Tom said "how about $91.40". They had cam in stock, shipped that day. Received it in 6 days. Very happy with service. :)

Shipping was $8.00 (CA to KY not bad).

www.zanottimotor.com

www.ncyyamaha.com

How about $80 shipped to your house in the lower 48 (US) PM me if your interested. OE Yamaha YZ450F camshaft (exhaust) part number 5TA-12180-00 and it has the auto decompression feature.

is that brand new ?

Toyota MDT Tech's cam is virtually brand new he tried it and prefered the WR cam. He has the original packing and no wear. Great deal. I did the same thing and sold my slightly used cam for $90.00 to TT member NHKevin. Toyota MDT Tech is a good standing TT member. :)

$80.00 is a great deal. I would go for it!!

Mine was $125.00 from my local stealer ....ahem dealer. But they did have it in stock even though they bent me over to the tune of $8 each for the shims. Overall it was still a bargain compared to the $190.00 my buddy just paid for a hotcam for his 426. Does anybody know how the two cams compare performancewise?

Mine was $125.00 from my local stealer ....ahem dealer. But they did have it in stock even though they bent me over to the tune of $8 each for the shims. Overall it was still a bargain compared to the $190.00 my buddy just paid for a hotcam for his 426. Does anybody know how the two cams compare performancewise?

From everything I've read, you need to get both Hotcams to see a big power increase. If you get the exhaust cam only, you're basically just getting auto-decomp. :) I'm not 100% sure, since I don't have any personal experience.