HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wc426mx

Where to find 450 cam the cheapest?

11 posts in this topic

I posted a reply in the stickied 450 cam thread, but I haven't gotten a response yet. Anyway, I was reading through that thread at some old posts, and found that many of you said to call John @ World Powersports to get the cheapest price on the cam. I believe it was something like $85 from him, but you had to call and talk to him directly. Is this still the deal, or is there a better one out there? Any information you can give is appreciated. Thanks.

Even if you have to pay the 10 dollars and a little shipping costs its still a bit cheaper than the local dealer

i bought mine from them a year ago and have been totally pleased since

Ive also installed the Hot Cams Ex Cam and have good results from it too

Zanotti Motors quoted a price of $94.40, but they didn't have the cam in stock. I then called North County Yamaha and spoke to Tom in parts. He originally quoted me a price of $104.00, but I told him the price I was quoted by Zanotti and Tom said "how about $91.40". They had cam in stock, shipped that day. Received it in 6 days. Very happy with service. :)

Shipping was $8.00 (CA to KY not bad).

www.zanottimotor.com

www.ncyyamaha.com

How about $80 shipped to your house in the lower 48 (US) PM me if your interested. OE Yamaha YZ450F camshaft (exhaust) part number 5TA-12180-00 and it has the auto decompression feature.

Toyota MDT Tech's cam is virtually brand new he tried it and prefered the WR cam. He has the original packing and no wear. Great deal. I did the same thing and sold my slightly used cam for $90.00 to TT member NHKevin. Toyota MDT Tech is a good standing TT member. :)

Mine was $125.00 from my local stealer ....ahem dealer. But they did have it in stock even though they bent me over to the tune of $8 each for the shims. Overall it was still a bargain compared to the $190.00 my buddy just paid for a hotcam for his 426. Does anybody know how the two cams compare performancewise?

Mine was $125.00 from my local stealer ....ahem dealer. But they did have it in stock even though they bent me over to the tune of $8 each for the shims. Overall it was still a bargain compared to the $190.00 my buddy just paid for a hotcam for his 426. Does anybody know how the two cams compare performancewise?

From everything I've read, you need to get both Hotcams to see a big power increase. If you get the exhaust cam only, you're basically just getting auto-decomp. :) I'm not 100% sure, since I don't have any personal experience.