Crf 600 X

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any truth to the rumors that Honda may be revamping the 650R, or a completely new machine? 20 lbs. lighter, same uncoked power and happy button would sell like crazy!

That would be way cool but the only rumours I have ever heard about that are in this forum! Conversely, there were numerous media-based rumours on the XR650R and CRF450R a couple years before they hit the showrooms. Based on that timeline I wouldn't hold my breath waiting. But we can hope!

There are few true open class thumper options out there beyond the sometimes fragile class of 450 MX based bikes. ?

Who can we, I, someone write to or get in touch with that would put a bug in Honda's ear. I mean come on, a bike like that, I feel a lot of people would buy one. Something more along the lines of 525 exc, but with xr relability and comfort, It would be the ultimate open class scoot! ? I truly believe they will build someday. I want one now!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't figure out why Honda just doesn't spend a little and upgrade the lines that they have to make them more appealing. Why not just release a new model 650R that has a new right peg mount, pumper carb, top tripple clamp and fat bars and offer it in both a dirt only and dual sport version. For some reason "Bold New Graphics" is all we get for years until the line is dropped and a whole new bike is released. ?

Originally posted by Roll It On

I can't figure out why Honda just doesn't spend a little and upgrade the lines that they have to make them more appealing. Why not just release a new model 650R that has a new right peg mount, pumper carb, top tripple clamp and fat bars and offer it in both a dirt only and dual sport version. For some reason "Bold New Graphics" is all we get for years until the line is dropped and a whole new bike is released.

I agree too, but it seems Honda has all the trappings of most large scale manufacturers. They take a lot of time to react to consumer demand and on some level don't seem to understand what it is the public wants. Add to that the litigations of committees, having to be politically and environmentally correct and trying a middle of the road approach to hopefully reach the largest demographic possible for the engineering and tooling dollar investment.

I would love a dual sport option of the 650R and wonder where it is. ?

heres a rumor for ya to chew on:

Honda will bring back the XR250 and XR400 as street legal dual sport bikes.

The bigger 650L or 650R will complete the line up.

The CRF250X, 450X and 600X will be dirt only.

Watch what happens in Baja with KTM and Yamaha pro level entries this year. Red MUST win in Baja. Thats what will drive the 600X.

KTM will be racing the entire 2005 SCORE Series in Class 22, Competing against Team Honda ( KTM700 VS XR650R)...But team Yamaha??? That's a good rumors but will the YZ/WR450F be competitive against the KTM700 prototype and the XR650R.......

But let's wait until the SCORE Baja 500, to see what happens or the SCORE Baja 1000....

DRZ Motorsports 119

Watch what happens in Baja with KTM and Yamaha pro level entries this year. Red MUST win in Baja. Thats what will drive the 600X.

Hengeveld is one BAD AZZ dude. I don't think Honda will have a problem as long as he is onboard.

I think he could win on anything.

His partner, "what's his name", isn't too bad either.

heres a rumor for ya to chew on:

Irondude is testing the CRF600X right now. ?

?

Come on dude's im drooling here "Iron Horse testing the CRF600X", Yamaha with the WR660 is it a prototype or is it a WR450F frame with a Raptor 660 motor...?????

And yes, Steve Hengeveld is one Bad-Ass rider very fast and agressive and Johnny Campbell is get in old, there's a new bread of fast and young desert racers like Walch/Blais,Bell/Norman,Childress....MC desert racing is looking good, hope factory support returns to help the young privateers (like me)

and give more competition between factory's and teams....

When is Yamaha racing the Baja????

DRZ Motorsports 119

I'd look for Grider/Blaise to be on a 525 next weekend.

Class 22 Yamahas......super doubt it.

TE510 winning......that's a funny one.

"Irondude is testing the CRF600X".....that one's even funnier.

Walch is pretty amazing to watch, Grider is a strong big fast guy, and Blaise is so smooth.

Kendal has proven he's super fast he just needs to learn a bit.

Bell has MX skills above any of these other guys and has a lot to learn. But he rides with JC all the time,,,who better to learn from...

"Kay"....?