Does your Baja Design street kit.......

Battery get hot??

Mine seems to get quite hot the couple of times I have ridden it. I just put the motor back together a couple of weeks ago so I have not had a lot of riding time on it....Damn snow!

Is this normal or do I have a gremlin??

Thanks

I have a baja designs dual sport kit too, but I've never noticed if the battery gets hot, since it's under the seat, just never noticed. I've had the baja kit on my bike for three years now, and never had any problems, except for replacing bulbs every now and then. Good luck with it man I hope yours holds up as well.

L.L.

'00XR650R/uncorked/jetted/street legal

'04KX500/fmfgnarly/vforce

650R_4.jpgKX2.jpgKXimage1.jpgRiding3.jpg

Battery get hot??

Mine seems to get quite hot the couple of times I have ridden it. I just put the motor back together a couple of weeks ago so I have not had a lot of riding time on it....Damn snow!

Is this normal or do I have a gremlin??

Thanks

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) I discovered the same thing charging mine on my 1 Amp motorcycle battery charger... Be careful with batteries... Make sure the wires coming from your voltage regulator are connected tightly :p to your battery and make sure your ground is good. Try not to use your lights unless your bike is running... and if you're just sitting there at idle just use the running light... but IMO if you're riding on the road, have the headlight on at all times! IMO it is best to be seen! I'm thinking about rewinding my stator and getting more light output, but I'm going to try a 55/65 watt bulb as a headlight first and see how that works. I am also running the Baja Designs LED taillight... 19 LED's!!! SUPER BRIGHT!!! and uses way less power than a normal taillight. :)

undefined I to have the Baja Design with a Ricky 200 watt Stator and when the battery is low and has not been charged for some time it will get hot! This does not happen every time only when the battery is low....Good Luck :)