Stabilizer Intsallation Too Easy !!!

This post has no point other than the unexpected ease of installing a Scotts Stabilizer. ?

I was expecting to have an all-nighter putin that thing on my '04 yz450. The instructions cover 400,426,450's WR/YZ. The older bikes appear to need welds grinded and stock triple clamps modified. I have DH-1 triple clamps made for a stabilzer. Everything slipped right on without a hitch, no binding, rubbing, nothing, i was shocked. ?

Usually when I install somthing it turns into a nightmare, Cudo's to Scotts, DH-1 and Yahama for making such compatible products. I still cant believe nothing went wrong, i had to double check this morning, dahm that thing is nice, ill test it out this weekend at my first race of the season

:D?

Pic, pics, pics please!!! ?

I am thinking about pulling the trigger on a stabilizer, I just got back into riding and am deciding if I "need" one!!

One thing I did realize is they MUST work, you can't find used ones any where...if they just "kinda worked" people would be selling them on ebay and such.

I put a Scott's on my '02 YZ426 with similar ease last month. I have a W.E.R. on my DRZ400. They are a must for the woods. Getting used to them is a little tricky though. The trick is that they should be adjusted to where you really can't feel them there at all. Then trust that they are and that they're gonna absorb all that deflection and thus you can relax your grip, relieving you of that all to painful arm-pump. If you can actually feel the damper slowing the handlebar movement, then it's set to tight. However, once it's set properly loose, it's hard to imagine it's doing any good. I have to remind myself as I ride to trust it and relax my grip while going through rocky/rooty sections. It'll be a few rides before you can change your habits. Hope this helps.

hey mark, i just put on a W.E.R. and can tell the difference but like you say its hard to accept the fact that your not supposed to "feel" it. i've set mine to where i can just barely feel it on the stand(about 3/4 turns out) reccomended is one,but as you know i'm a little larger than the average bear,so it might need that little bit more? i do notice that at speed i'm wanting to go wide in the turns,is this something i have to get used to,or is it a result of being too tight?

Well gents some things are too good to be true after all. The day before my race this week i was showing off the stabilizer to a freind and the frame mount collar popped off. Seems that the bolt on wasnt going to hold. So I spent the entire day before the race hunting down a TIG welder on a holiday weekend. ?

I found a guy and got the job done for $40.00, I was happy I discovered the problem before the race, or I would have been real mad. Needless to say it the bolt on would not have held for a minute in the race, Gett'er welded boys, its the only way. ?

During the race the Stabilizer was awesome, but I need some practice with the settings. ?

I will get pics this week for ya, jeez i need a digital camera.

hey mark, i just put on a W.E.R. and can tell the difference but like you say its hard to accept the fact that your not supposed to "feel" it. i've set mine to where i can just barely feel it on the stand(about 3/4 turns out) reccomended is one,but as you know i'm a little larger than the average bear,so it might need that little bit more? i do notice that at speed i'm wanting to go wide in the turns,is this something i have to get used to,or is it a result of being too tight?

Hey Bob, It sounds like you might wanna loosen it a bit on the adjuster. Also your larger "bear-ness" shouldn't require a tighter setting, the damping would would be less effected by rider weight than riding style I would think.