HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Boonie

dunlop/michelin tire size comparison-help!

5 posts in this topic

OK,

The dunlop 756 18-110/100 is the rear tire.

Michelin 's S12 rear tire has rear tire sizes of 130/80 and 140/80.

Does anyone know which of the Michelin sizes matches or comes closest to the dunlop 110/100?

Thanks.

Careful with the 130 it does match up size wise with the 110 but the knobs are a smaller scale and chunk way easier on the 140 version. :) Either get the 140 which is like a 120 size or get another brand of tire. The S12 - 130 size is not popular because of the under scaled smaller knob sizes. :)

If you have a Dennis Kirk catalog there is an explanation in there in the tire section. Maybe do a web search. I was just learning about this the other night. It looks to me like the 130-80 is the correct match. I would however take the advice offered by Indy450, he really seems to be very knowledgeable(sp). Good luck.

I run 130/80 S12s and my buddy runs 140's. No problems with wear or chunking with the 130 even though my bike has way more mods. The 130 is approximately equivalent to a 110 Dunlop.

The Michelins are great tires.