Odo drive eliminators

A quick Google search revealed that http://www.4strokesonly.com & http://www.barnumspro.com both make the drive eliminator spacers. Has anyone used either of these products? I'm thinking of getting the 4 strokes only one & buying a trailtech speedo to mount in the old odo'd place. I like the idea of switching out the drive unit rather than just capping it off.

• Like 1

hi there, i have a YZ400 and Im looking at putting a WR odometer on it...ive already got the odometer and cable I need the drive and the WR wheel.........

if all you need is the spacer i can swap you my YZ spacer for your WR odo drive/spacer......

however is there is a difference in drive mechanism if its miles and kms?? i need my odo in kms ........

How much did the Barnum's spacer cost you? I couldn't find the price on their site. As a matter of fact, I couldn't even find the spacer on their site, I found it in the offroad.com project 2003 wr450 article.

I looked briefly for my receipt and couldn't put my hands on it. I purchased mine basically the first day they were available and don't remember exactly what I paid for it. I found a link on their website that says speedo eliminators $19-$35. Looks like they need to update their webpages. It also looks like they are spending more time selling stuff on eBay. The only one I found listed was for a honda priced at $27.95.

I liked the look of the ODO eliminator that Flatland racing does, so decided to order one on Monday. I also got a set of Sealsavers from them while I was at it (sorry TT store), as I have this thing about spending less than $40, with a vendor (seems that if you're gonna spend 5-10 bucks on shipping, you should at least get about $40 or more worth of stuff).

Hat's off to them, answered the phone quick, were very polite & helpful, & I got my package this morning! ?

• 1 month later...

Not that the stock one keeps dust out any better. The Barnum is an aftermarket spacer using your factory spacer seal no big deal to install. I just went to their web site and contacted them via phone and told them what color and sent the money has worked fine. Better than that ugly stock one :naughty:

Grif 99WR400

Not that the stock one keeps dust out any better. The Barnum is an aftermarket spacer using your factory spacer seal no big deal to install. I just went to their web site and contacted them via phone and told them what color and sent the money has worked fine. Better than that ugly stock one :naughty:

Grif 99WR400

Just as an FYI, the Flatland works the same way. Sounds like they're both good products. :naughty:

Just as an FYI, the Flatland works the same way. Sounds like they're both good products. :naughty:

I agree better than stock :naughty: it is not like people get to see to much of it as you are mobbing down a trail but it looks nice and has worked well wish I would have thought of it kind of thing.

keep the wheels down!

hi there, i have a YZ400 and Im looking at putting a WR odometer on it...ive already got the odometer and cable I need the drive and the WR wheel.........

if all you need is the spacer i can swap you my YZ spacer for your WR odo drive/spacer......

however is there is a difference in drive mechanism if its miles and kms?? i need my odo in kms ........

Tammie,

There is no difference in the drive mechanism for ODO's in KMs or miles. The conversion is done inside the odo box on the handle bars. I have brand new metric OD box from my 04' WR450 that I'll sell you for $5 + shipping if you want it. Otherwise Ill put it up on Ebay.

As far as adding a WR type odo to a YZ, I dont know what parts it would take to make it work.

Matt

I simply removed the plastic drive ring (not the gear) from the stock odo drive and zip tied the Trail Tech-supplied cap to the cable mount. This way, the drive has no drag on the wheel, it won't wear out, I don't need to spend money on an eliminator, and I can out it all back together if I sell the bike and want to keep my computer.

• 2 weeks later...

When did you get ahold of anyone at Barnums? I have left like 4 messages for them, begging for a call back about an odo. drive eliminator for an '05 wr450. I'm convinced they have gone out of business! The last time I left a message, I asked for a courtesy call just to tell me they don't have the spacer I want so I can go elsewhere to get one. :naughty: This has been over the span of a month, and not one call back. I am not at all impressed with Barnums at this point! :naughty: