HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
motomike137

2005 450 Stand Bog

3 posts in this topic

I haven't been able to actually ride my new bike yet but it seems to have a pretty heavy duty bog off idle sitting on the stand in neutral. This is my fourth big YZ thumper so I'm not new to the carb issues these bikes can have but I'm worried. Anyone else with a 2005 have the same issue. Does it have anything to do with the ignition mapping while in neutral? Thanks in advance for any input.

Simple test. Take the bike off the stand, put it in gear, and see if it still does it. If, as I suspect, the problem "goes away" under these circumstances, it's the ignition's neutral mode doing it. In neutral, the timing is changed to make the bike easier to start, for one thing, and it's also part of the origin of the "Red Header" phenomenon. The rev limit also drops to about 6500. Don't worry about it. There's no point to having it run like an F1 engine in neutral.