Magura clutch

Has anyone install a Magura hydraulic clutch on a wr yet. Is the difference marginal or night and day. Everytime I ride, the first twenty minutes my left arm is on fire. It calms down soon, but by the end of the day, 6-8 hours, it is meat and I am avoiding shifting.

What's your bike - a 250 or 450?

Jim

I have had the Magura clutch on my WR for 18 months now. Love it. Smooth auto adjusting clutch control. However the pull is not lighter than the stock cable. If you really cant handle the pull I would get an auto clutch! You will be a lot happier in the long run. :)

I love mine... smooth and fairly easy (for the size of the bike).. :)

oh, and the stainless steel line is a nice upgrade...

You may have already gone down this path, but...

Have you tried various actuating points for your clutch? Sometimes adjusting it according to how your hand works based on hand size, finger length, etc. can really help make it easier to work.

With a pretty wide powerband, you shouldn't have to really use the clutch *that* much. But, that really is affected by personal riding style. I like to short-shift, and let the torque pull the bike, rather than slip and shred.

I have noticed that the more I ride, the longer I can ride at speed...so perhaps the answer is to ride more! :)

I agree with MIKEID . Why you clutcin' so much :) Sort shift up or down :) You really only need the clutch for start, stop, quick stop,and quick turn. All other shifting can be done by short shift with great results.

I agree with MIKEID . Why you clutcin' so much :) Sort shift up or down :) You really only need the clutch for start, stop, quick stop,and quick turn. All other shifting can be done by short shift with great results.

What exactly do mean by "short shift"? Sounds like you're referring to clutchless shifting.....short-shifting is when you shift before hitting the torque peak, instead of revving her all the way .

I upshift and down shift without the clutch! Just rebuilt my motor after 11,000. plus miles and the transmission gears and shifters were fine. :)

I also short shift and lug the motor a lot. :)

What exactly do mean by "short shift"? Sounds like you're referring to clutchless shifting.....short-shifting is when you shift before hitting the torque peak, instead of revving her all the way .

Yeah Rich you're right. I thought MikeId was refering to "clutchless shifting" I was told that method of shifting was called by a name. I just can't remember so when I read his post I thoght that was it. My Bad :)

11,000 miles is incredible!

11,000 miles is incredible!

No. :) What is incredible is that I spent $2,500. completely rebuilding the engine! :)

I always called that power shifting and thought that was bad for the gearbox.

I run the magura juice clutch with an ASV lever and it is the best mod imo. the adjustibility of lever pull will suit any situation, 1 or 2 finger pulls all day and for me its lighter feel than the cable.

I run the magura juice clutch with an ASV lever and it is the best mod imo. the adjustibility of lever pull will suit any situation, 1 or 2 finger pulls all day and for me its lighter feel than the cable. A yamaha TZ clutch lever from a road race bike is a good one for cable systems and is still available

I always called that power shifting and thought that was bad for the gearbox.

Power shifting is when you dont back off the gas and cram in a shift like some of the Supercross guys do. :)

Shifting without the clutch while backing off the gas is no harder on the transmission if you do it right. :)

Has anyone install a Magura hydraulic clutch on a wr yet. Is the difference marginal or night and day. Everytime I ride, the first twenty minutes my left arm is on fire. It calms down soon, but by the end of the day, 6-8 hours, it is meat and I am avoiding shifting.

When I bought my 426, I thought the clutch pull was a lot of effort too. I fitted a FLY adjustable clutch lever assembly, feels like a 125 clutch now :) Pretty sure MSR make one too, if you can't get FLY parts in your area.....

I dont have the magura, another brand that I forget the name of

it is MUCH nicer, going back to my KX125 I got cramps/armpump the first time I rode!

the pull on the 125 is much harder than the WR400 with hydro clutch