I checked my valve clearance yesterday!!

:D I see where we might have gotten confused. I'm not talking about the CAM caps... :D I'm talking about the VALVE caps (lifter, valve) that goes just over the pads. :o

I'm talking about number 14 here:

partimage.gifx?d=24168,2,0

not the cam caps shown here in "1" and part of the head assembly kit!

partimage.gifx?d=24166,2,0

The cam caps are easy to identify, the exhaust one being smaller and being hold by only four bolts while the intake cam cap is held by 6 bolts. :)

The valve lifters (valve caps) are impossible to identify back. :)

Math, its because the caps are installed, torqued then the cam bore is machined. And yes, you can not buy a cam cap, it only comes with a new entire cylinder head! You can remove them and look for "fingerprints" ie hone marks to get them back in their original spot, cant even be flipped over either!. If they are in the wrong spot, you could end up with galling of the journal/camshaft which can destroy the head. In the automotive end, you can find a machine shop who could bore it to an oversize and add inserts (called bearings sometimes) but I doubt there is such a thing for motorcycles. Get them back where they belong. :p
:) I see where we might have gotten confused. I'm not talking about the CAM caps... :p I'm talking about the VALVE caps (lifter, valve) that goes just over the pads. :D . :)

OOOOOOOOoooohhhhhhh, thats different. I know both exhaust are the same, both outside intakes are alike and the center intake is different. So I assume there is 3 different ones. You do want to keep them in the same place, as they do wear with the cam also.

You guys are making this sound more difficult than it is.

Normal. :)

That's because it's my first time checking valves ever :) and it's the first time I have the chance to ask all the questions I have. :p

But If you could see me do it tomorrow, you'd see it's gonna be quite simple. :D

Thanks for your input guys.

Normal. :D

That's because it's my first time checking valves ever :D and it's the first time I have the chance to ask all the questions I have. :p

But If you could see me do it tomorrow, you'd see it's gonna be quite simple. :)

Thanks for your input guys.

Math, you'll blow through it like an old verteran now! :)

For your infos, by the parts catalog in the Yamaha USA site, you have 3 color for the valve lifter: yellow, blue or black. I think if your lifter have all the same color, you can put it everywhere, in theory. In fact, they not wear evenly on each valve. Be careful :)

Math et Sylvain: On va pouvoir jaser en français un peu :p Si jamais j' ai de la misère avec mes mots en anglais vous me corrigerai :D Vous avez l' air mieux que moi :)