Electric Start for 2005 YZ450?

In order to install the WR e-starter, you would need to buy all of the starter and starter drive components, the complete WR generator and flywheel, the WR ignition cover, through which the starter drives, and the WR crankcases, which have a machined socket to support the WR starter idler gear shaft not found in the YZ450. Not to mention the battery and wiring. Probably no more than $1000, give or take. But it is a "bolt-on" ?

My son is almost 15, and at 6'1"/160 is certainly physically ready for a YZ450, but I often wonder if he's intellectually and emotionally ready for it. The big bike is capable of taking you places you don't want to go very quickly with just a little bit of poor judgment.

• Like 1

In order to install the WR e-starter, you would need to buy all of the starter and starter drive components, the complete WR generator and flywheel, the WR ignition cover, through which the starter drives, and the WR crankcases, which have a machined socket to support the WR starter idler gear shaft not found in the YZ450. Not to mention the battery and wiring. Probably no more than $1000, give or take. But it is a "bolt-on" ?

My son is almost 15, and at 6'1"/160 is certainly physically ready for a YZ450, but I often wonder if he's intellectually and emotionally ready for it. The big bike is capable of taking you places you don't want to go very quickly with just a little bit of poor judgment.

Well I'm 16, and at 5'9/178. I dont really consider it to be a hard bike to ride but at the end of the day on the bike, im completly beat.

C'mon back when I had my 426 (according to some they are super hard to start ? ) And me and my buddys were 14ish. My friend Mike who was 6 foot and weighed 120 lbs could start it no problem. That was with 13.5.1 compression to and no auto decompresser. ?

So tell your wimp of a friend to nut up and kick that mother. ?