HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
resslera

kickstart slips some times 650R

4 posts in this topic

My bike only has a few hundred miles on it but I notice some times when I start it the kickstart will give an inch or 2 before it catches. I follow the drill of pushing until you feel the hard spot, push a few inches more with decompression lever, back up to top, and then start. It starts usually on the first kick but just wondering if I have a gear failing or something in the kickstarter or if this is common.

Again, when I kick everyonce in a while, It feels like it releases and then catches right away.

I have a 2000 650 and it has done the same thing from day one. Most times it kicks correctly but everyone once in awhile it will slip. I don't know what causes it, I have looked at the gear and replaced the spring to no avail. I just thought it was a early model problem. Anyone have an answer?

Dale Aastrom

DESERT M.C.

Allright, atleast my Pig isn't the one that does this. It sounds atleast that yours hasn't gotten worse anyway. I can handle that if the same is true to my bike because it seems like a fairly rare thing.