DS Mileage from a WR450

Hello EVeryone,

I am interested in finding out the amount of mileage some people have with their WRs that have been converted for Dual Sport duty. Also interested in hearing service intervals. I have read on one site that 500 mile oil changes and 1000 filter changes are fine.

Please advise of any experiences or issues encountered in dual sporting a WR450.

Thanks

I have a 2002 wr250. I do not know how far they will go. I change my oil every 2 to 4 hrs of riding just to be safe. Oil is cheap, parts are expensive! I ride pretty hard when in the desert. I run the crap out of it on the track a couple times a month. I have not had to reshim my valves yet.. Just lucky I guess. My bike has the screen, not the actual filter, so I clean it every time I do the oil and check my valves about every 10 hrs or so.......... :)

Hello EVeryone,

I am interested in finding out the amount of mileage some people have with their WRs that have been converted for Dual Sport duty. Also interested in hearing service intervals. I have read on one site that 500 mile oil changes and 1000 filter changes are fine.

Please advise of any experiences or issues encountered in dual sporting a WR450.

Thanks

Are you sure the site said 500 miles or was it in kilometres. :)