HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FTD

Throttle sticking wide open.

9 posts in this topic

My throttle started sticking wide open. I took the throttle cables off the carb... they flow freely... I advance the throttle on the side of the carb and it clicks then sticks wide open.

Any suggestions?

Did you remove your throttle stop, or cut it off. If it is not in or is to short the throttle will stick wide open. If neither of these is the case, I would think there is dirt in your slide. Might need to pull the carb apart and clean it.... :)

99% sure you cut the throttle stop too short. Order a YZ throttle stop and replace your cut one with that.

I shaved that 2 years ago and the problem started 100 miles ago. :)

that brings to mind a question....what is this lube Yamaha refers to lube the carb slide with? I don't have my manual with me, but it's a term I've never come across.

that brings to mind a question....what is this lube Yamaha refers to lube the carb slide with? I don't have my manual with me, but it's a term I've never come across.

Lubzall?