Big Gun Race Or Quiet Series

I was checking out Big Gun's site for exhaust systems for the WR. And there are two kinds, the race series and the quiet series. Now there is obviously a difference between the two, but which do you offers the most optimal power gain? Any "race" pipe will be naturally louder, as the non-race pipes will always be quieter. This isn't really the issue though. I use the WR for trail usage and never and race tracks.

I'm hung up on which one would be a better candidate for my ride.

I was checking out Big Gun's site for exhaust systems for the WR. And there are two kinds, the race series and the quiet series. Now there is obviously a difference between the two, but which do you offers the most optimal power gain? Any "race" pipe will be naturally louder, as the non-race pipes will always be quieter. This isn't really the issue though. I use the WR for trail usage and never and race tracks.

I'm hung up on which one would be a better candidate for my ride.

I'd be willing to bet the race series has the most gain, but race series pipes are way to loud for any public lands. Might not have a USFS spark arrestor either. Go with the quiet series or like. I'd bet the race series is well over 102 db or higher.

I just went with the Big Gun EVO R pipe. Mine came with a screen and quiet insert to make it nice and legal. I ran it without the insert and it's really loud, especially compared to the stocker! The craftsmanship on the pipe is unreal! ?

I recently sold my YZ250F and I had the Big Gun Quiet Series. It seemed to move my power down low but that is what I wanted. The race series core will fit right in the muffler and is under $20.00. My spark arrester was a removable screen type as well. Sorry, I don't have any WR info for you, but I would be willing to bet that the pipes would react similar. From my experience, quieter pipes move the power down low and louder pipes usually move the power to the mid to top. ?

Sorry, I don't have any WR info for you, but I would be willing to bet that the pipes would react similar. From my experience, quieter pipes move the power down low and louder pipes usually move the power to the mid to top. ?

This seems to be the case with the Big Gun exhaust and the WR. Uncorked it loses a little bit down low, but pulls like crazy in the mid and top end. I'm gonna ride it next weekend with the quiet insert and I'll let ya know how it does

I trail ride also and I run the FMF Q (quiet) pipe which is louder than stock makes decent power but its not to loud. The race pipes I have experienced are super loud in my opinion, not needed for trail riding. I go for the fast but stealth approach. Good luck. ?

I ran a race series Big Gun on my DRZ400 but also ordered the quiet core for when I was just trail riding. The race system is very loud but the quiet core will make a difference. If you are riding on public land, get the quiet series. The gains were incredible with either core installed on the DRZ.

Just a thought too, many races are now running a sound check at tech inspection as well. You don't pass, you don't race. Keep that in mind. Loud bikes equal land closures!

Just to let you guys know, all the Big Gun systems will be coming with a quiet core, with every pipe. AMA is enforcing the 96db even in motocross now. Each pipe also comes with a USFS sparky. These systems are awesome! They make huge power gains, and fit perfect from the start. The new race systems with the additional queit core run on idle at 92db. Just off Idle around 3,000 RPM the hit 96db.