HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
polarbaird

"04 YZ450F - DR D mods?

10 posts in this topic

I have an '04 YZ450 I've been riding/vet racing about 8 months (60 hours on motor) and am considering Dubach full exhaust , 6 oz flywheel weight, cam mod, and porting. Any thoughts/recommendations on any/all of these? Thanks!

You don't think the bike is fast enough already? I have an 03 YZ450 and the flywheel weight and 47 t rear sprocket were the best mods I made.

whats the cam mod?? or are you talking about putting in hot cams or something?? if theres a free cam mod for the 04 450 please do share

I have an 04 with the 8 oz weight. I am very happy with the power. I would spend the money on suspension and practice time. More bang for the buck!

I am very happy with my Dr. D full exhaust. Great low and mid range power increase. Haven't noticed much difference on the top end since I don't spend much time there.

I have an 04 with the 8 oz weight. I am very happy with the power. I would spend the money on suspension and practice time. More bang for the buck!

Are you using this flywheel weight for motocross? Are you using the Dr. D?

I think you can't go wrong with those Dr. D mods. The 8 oz. flywheel weight will probably make your power delivery more '02-'03 CRF-like.

Thanks for all the feedback. This is a great bike to perfect your throttle control on, so I think I may leasve it as-is for awhile. I may do the fly wheel weight suggestions because as I get tired I have a problem with stalling in the turns.

Get all the Dr. D mods, Dubach is the man and he knows what the YZF's need and he does it right. I reccomend the 8 oz. flywheel weight for motocross.

Doug