YZ Rear Fender on 05WR450?

Yes it works. Both Acerbis and GYT-R make identical fenders that are premarked for cutting out the area by the overflow tank. Use a Dremel tool and it will come out sweet. I also went to a autoparts store and got some of that silver exhaust thermal tape to put on the area near the exhaust pipe. Just duplicate the stock WR fender, the tape works really well and has not come off after half a dozen rides and washes.

I have also installed a YZ front number plate for racing purposes. This required some homemade bracket fabrication and relocating the ignition switch. If anyone would like to see pictures, I'll have to figure out how to attach the pics to a thread.

• 1 month later...

I have been reading your threads about putting YZ plastic on WR to save weight. I have a 04 WR450F and have been thinking the same to save weight. Any advice or pictures you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time,

Steve

SteveWR450F

It does work. I just did this on my 04 WR450. I had to trim the both side slightly but everything worked well. Now I want to put the YZ 450F front plate on it. This may be a bit more challenging.

you can do like i did,take out the headlight assmly and attach a piece of HD dog proof window screen across the inside of it (i used liquid nails and a couple sheet metal screws) it gets more airflow over the radiators and the screen keeps out the junk. and it costs about nothing,and you can put the headlight back in easily if your gonna need it. ?