HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
motodude42

YZ Rear Fender on 05WR450?

16 posts in this topic

I would like to replace the rear fender with a YZs. Anyone done this yet or know if it will bolt right on? :cry:

It should, all of the previous years did. Some did require minor trimming from what I have heard, although the YZ fender on my WR bolted right up :cry: Give it a try it will look great :cry:

Acerbis made a yz style replacement for the 03 wr's. I don't know if it will fit but you could check yamaha 's part number for the 03 and 05 fender and see if they're the same.

I would like to replace the rear fender with a YZs. Anyone done this yet or know if it will bolt right on? :cry:

I used an Acerbis YZ replacement on my '04 WR and it worked perfectly.

I used the Yamaha o.e.m. YZ fender on my '05 WR. Requires trimming for the left side subframe overflow tank mounts however, rumor has it that some of the aftermarket fenders are pre-cut.

Yes it works. Both Acerbis and GYT-R make identical fenders that are premarked for cutting out the area by the overflow tank. Use a Dremel tool and it will come out sweet. I also went to a autoparts store and got some of that silver exhaust thermal tape to put on the area near the exhaust pipe. Just duplicate the stock WR fender, the tape works really well and has not come off after half a dozen rides and washes.

I have also installed a YZ front number plate for racing purposes. This required some homemade bracket fabrication and relocating the ignition switch. If anyone would like to see pictures, I'll have to figure out how to attach the pics to a thread.

Hey Simica, I am going to put a YZF number plate on my bike and would like to hear how it went for you. If you could get those pictures up that would be cool because I have no idea where to start.

hey guys, im looking for a WR rear fender for my 99 YZ ....withthe light.........anyone whose taken theirs off want to sell it........??

pm me.....

My next step is to take the headlight off and install a standard YZ number plate. Peeking behind my headlight, looks like a lot of wires for a headlight and ignition switch. Did you remove all the wires when you did this or leave them in place? :)

It does work. I just did this on my 04 WR450. I had to trim the both side slightly but everything worked well. Now I want to put the YZ 450F front plate on it. This may be a bit more challenging.

I have been reading your threads about putting YZ plastic on WR to save weight. I have a 04 WR450F and have been thinking the same to save weight. Any advice or pictures you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time,

Steve

SteveWR450F

It does work. I just did this on my 04 WR450. I had to trim the both side slightly but everything worked well. Now I want to put the YZ 450F front plate on it. This may be a bit more challenging.

you can do like i did,take out the headlight assmly and attach a piece of HD dog proof window screen across the inside of it (i used liquid nails and a couple sheet metal screws) it gets more airflow over the radiators and the screen keeps out the junk. and it costs about nothing,and you can put the headlight back in easily if your gonna need it. :)