04 WR450F air cleaner snorkel Q's

OK, I was going to rip out my snorkel from my air cleaner on my 2004 WR450F. I purchases this new from Canada and missed out on all the free mods :cry: as I had no grey wire, no throttle stop. Now it appears I have no snorkel to remove :cry:Here is the picture Does this snorkel delete apply to the 04WR's? Or did I miss out in another free mod with my import? :cry:

Looks like the snorkel is removed on that bike. :cry:

I have the Aussie 04 wr450 and that is the way they come. No snorkel.

Also I have modified the stock muffler, which is the same on the Canadian model as well. If you like, I can send you some photo's of what I have done.

It is a cheap and easy mod, which make the bike more responsive, and give it a nice note, but not too loud.

The European one is like that. No snorkel :cry:

In Spain, those bikes have the snorkel and the AIS

I have the Aussie 04 wr450 and that is the way they come. No snorkel.

Also I have modified the stock muffler, which is the same on the Canadian model as well. If you like, I can send you some photo's I what I have done.

It is a cheap and easy mods, which make the bike more responsive, and give it a nice note, but not too loud.

G'day Divetruck

What have you done to your muffler, I would be interested to see the photos,

I had my standed pipe modified by a bloke in Melbourne for $250 which opened it up and gave it a better note :cry:

Greg,

I have sent you a PM, but basically I have removed the original "stinger pipe" and have replaced it with a 20cm length of 1.5" o/d stainless tube, that butts up against the existing baffle. This keeps the noise down. I played around with a few different configurations and found that this was the best. It probably cost less than $20 to do.