OEM Wheel bearing - Junk ?

if the shoe fits, wear it.. :cry:

I removed the front wheel bearings to replace them -Yamaha wants like 11 bucks for the bearings - my question is this, these OEM bearing are open bearings that measure 20x37x9 and look kinda cheap. I found the same size bearings at http://www.vxb.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=6904ZZ-1&Category_Code=20mm

for 2.99 each - they are sealed bearings good for 19,000 rpms, wouldn't they be a better bearing for the front wheels?

JD

The oem bearings are junk - been through 3 sets on my 03. Finally am trying pivot works - those sealed bearings above look better -make sure they fit correctly height and width.

The oem bearings are junk - been through 3 sets on my 03. Finally am trying pivot works - those sealed bearings above look better -make sure they fit correctly height and width.

I did measure the OE bearings with a micrometer - Too bad Pivot Works does not also carry the collars, as they seem to require replacement when the bearing are toast. I've called 6 or 7 dealer in the US, no one has the collars in stock.

I swapped out the OEM's on the front with some sealed bearings about 3 months ago, and they are already bad. Kinda disappointing....

the bearing nos are universal,

they are the same everywhere,

only the brands & quality are different,

:cry: