Hole in Head?

I have a YZ426 and behinf the decomp Plug theres a small hole I cant see any thing in the hole but yesterday I got the bike back after 5mo's in the shop "dont ask its a sore subject" but they installed a YZ450F cam and a HiFlo water Pump

after taking the bike for a ride....theres water leaking from the weep hole and theres oil coming from the small hole on the side of the head kinda behind the decomp Plug hole....right side of the motor I will post pics when my sister gets up there on her cam...I need more info because the owner of the shop is going to call me and I dont want to seam like I have no idea....

Its the water pump weep hole, your water pump seal is not sealing. Take it back and have them reseal the water pump. ?

Sounds like you need a better shop...

what about the hole in the head? do you have any idea what thats for? its on the right side facing out?

yah I know I need a new shop... ?

what about the hole in the head? do you have any idea what thats for? its on the right side facing out?

yah I know I need a new shop... ?

There is a vent that connects the pocket where the spark pug resides to the rest of the world. Is this the hole that you're referring to? If you're getting oil out of that hole then it's likely that the valve cover gasget is bad in the area around the spark plug.

That shop scares me, these are basic items that anyone with half a brain would not screw up. To think a "professional" shop screwed up both at the same time makes me think they've got a high school freshman back there doing their wrenching. Don't take it back there for anything.

If any oil is spilled into the spark plug well during service, such as when prelubing the camshafts before closing them up, it will weep out through the well drain (the hole on the right side of the head) for weeks if not washed out with carb cleaner or something. So, the question is, how much oil comes from the drain hole? Is it actually leaking new oil each time you run it, or does it just get wet enough to catch dirt and look oily?

If any oil is spilled into the spark plug well during service, such as when prelubing the camshafts before closing them up, it will weep out through the well drain (the hole on the right side of the head) for weeks if not washed out with carb cleaner or something. So, the question is, how much oil comes from the drain hole? Is it actually leaking new oil each time you run it, or does it just get wet enough to catch dirt and look oily?

I have only ran the bike one time from when i got it back only because I dont want it to mess any thing up...but yes it looks like thats what it is and its very little...so I quess I will get some carb cleaner today and see if I can clean that up and look for and more leaks...thanxs a lot guys you rock!

heres one of the pics

HoleHead.jpg

That's the vent hole for the spark plug area. There should not be oil in there. As said above, it's possible some oil got in there during valve service, however any mechanic paying attention to what he's doing would not get any oil in there. I'm more inclined to think that you have a leak in there somewhere. That shop still scares me!

That's the vent hole for the spark plug area. There should not be oil in there. As said above, it's possible some oil got in there during valve service, however any mechanic paying attention to what he's doing would not get any oil in there. I'm more inclined to think that you have a leak in there somewhere. That shop still scares me!
Yeah, why would it take 5 months to do anything to a 450? But, hey, as far as the oil spill goes, I've done it (that'show I knew about it; don't tell anybody), and I'm a better wrench than 95% of the people working in the trade.

You know what they say, czit happens. ?

Yes, the only way oil would get in there is if it accidently got in there during some sort of valvetrain service. The other way would be if the valve cover seal is damaged in some way around the sparkplug area.

Go in and bitch at them, or just replace the seal.

Why was it in the shop for 5 months?