Trying to post first picture of taillight

Thanks AzMtnThumper, I work for a company that makes OEM lighting for cars. I put a six pack LED in the original taillight housing/lens (a lot of cutting and soldering) and even packed the circuit board in there. I added the two lights on the plate (autozone, $10 each) using a couple of bolts with wing nuts and a four pin trailer harness. One is an auxilliary taillight, and the other is the brake light. I can remove the whole thing in about three minutes and be ready for full off road for those weekend rides.

On big jumps my back fender flexes enough to let the license plate get into the tire. I'm actually pretty proud of it for a rig job and all. The combination of LEDs don't use much juice, but I have rewound my stator too. I have yet to upgrade my headlight, but it's coming soon. I'll post pictures when I'm done.

Winkel

Last weekend I added a SRC subframe extention and it really stiffened up the rear fender dramatically. I originally ordered their license plate holder that goes with it but upon opening the box I found just the subframe extention. I got on the phone and called SRC and they said they recently quit making the plate holder as too many "guys were breaking them off". I have a welder here in town that rides so I'll have him make me one I guess. After seeing yours I might have hime make it large enough to fit one or two of those Autozone LED's as well. I think I remeber some sort of fender brace on the Baja Designs website as well. I guess I'll try one of those LED's that fits into the BD bulb holder for now.

Buddy put an LED tailight on and from behind it works fine, but get off of directly behind him and they don't show up at ALL The reflectors or something just don't work from the sides or really much of any angle at all.

If you're doing this to pass street legal they're fine, but for riding on the street, be careful!

I know lots of streetbikes use LED's now, but there are LOTS of different types of bulbs, housing, etc. They ain't all up to snuff for being seen!!!!!!

"Buddy put an LED tailight on and from behind it works fine, but get off of directly behind him and they don't show up at ALL The reflectors or something just don't work from the sides or really much of any angle at all.

If you're doing this to pass street legal they're fine, but for riding on the street, be careful!

I know lots of streetbikes use LED's now, but there are LOTS of different types of bulbs, housing, etc. They ain't all up to snuff for being seen!!!!!!"

I'll keep that in mind thanks! ?

Cajun,

Yes, I rewound my stator myself. I wound four additional posts and spliced them in series to the posts that were already wound. There are some pretty good articles on the internet about it, and I studied them for a long time before I tried it. I got my wire from Mouser Electronics, there service was good. I would have posted some pictures, but didn't have a digital camera at the time. I plan on upgrading my headlight once I decide what I want to do.

Winkel

Geoff,

I'm in south central Illinois, the little town of Salem. We go to Kentucky and ride Turkey Bay sometimes. It'd be a pretty good haul for you, but if you're interested let me know and I'll give you a call sometime. We'll generally go down early on a Saturday and ride all day. Let me know!

Winkel

Mindblower,

Yes, the LEDs do seem to be somewhat 'directional'. They are a lot brighter than the stock peanut bulb though. That's also why I added the additional taillight. Plus, they don't use too much juice.

Winkel