HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
clark4131

Handlebar, triple clamp, handguard question

2 posts in this topic

I want to upgrade the stock bars to Pro Tapers on my soon to arrive '05, but I won't be able to do it for a couple of months due to cash flow. I also want to get some Cycra pro bend handguards as well, but I want those as soon as the bike comes in a couple of weeks. My question is whether or not there is a handguard setup that will accomodate both the stock bar/triple clamp and then the Scotts setup down the road. If it's just a matter of getting a second end piece, then no big deal, I just don't want to drop another sizeable chunk of cash unnecessarily...SC

I'm assuming your talking about the Cycras w/ the triple clamp mount. If that's the case, the setup will work with both the stock and Scotts /BRP triple clamp. For the stock/big bar sizes there is a piece of rubber hose used to compensate for the difference in the bar mount.

But I could be wrong.