HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
twosixtwo

Problem, need help quick

5 posts in this topic

When my bike is idling, I pull in the clutch and ready to take off as soon as I drop it into first it dies

I checked the plates and they seem ok, I need to take it in to get it checked out, Im just trying to fix it by Sunday theres this MX track im going to

When I had my '01 426, it started doing that. I just made sure I reved it a little before I shifted into gear, no big deal. It just needs new clutch springs to release the transmission all the way.

When my bike is idling, I pull in the clutch and ready to take off as soon as I drop it into first it dies

Do you have the correct freeplay at the clutch lever? When did you last change the oil? Is your engine oil level correct? Has it been a while since you last rode the bike? If it has, the plates may be a lttle sticky. I wouldn't tear it apart just yet, i'd start with the simple stuff first :cry: