Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Neysbo

How to make the 05 450 rip ?

4 posts in this topic

Juat wondring what everyone has done to their 2005 450's as far as mods go for hardcore MX.

I am in Illinois and have not had much time to ride mine much but it seems like it needs a boost.

So far the only thing I did was go up 2 teeth on the rear sprocket.

Suspension seems pretty good so I am looking at exhaust options.

Thanks

Use 1/2 throttle instead of 1/4 throttle................... :cry:

Unfortunately I'm not joking, use a different hand placement on the throttle.................prior gripping the throttle, raise your elbow up higher, which will allow for 100% throttle twisting. If you're allready ride this way, you must be one Fast........................mo fo...... :cry:

Use 1/2 throttle instead of 1/4 throttle................... :cry:

Unfortunately I'm not joking, use a different hand placement on the throttle.................prior gripping the throttle, raise your elbow up higher, which will allow for 100% throttle twisting. If you're allready ride this way, you must be one Fast........................mo fo...... :cry:

I always get a chuckle out of these threads. the best advise was Use 1/2 throttle instead of 1/4 throttle................... :cry:

The best thing to do on any bike like the yz or cr for performance is suspension and ergonomics. If your not comfortable on a bike that fits you, then your gonna get beat. The bike is plenty fast unless of course your some superhero little leperchan (Thanks Tirbiter :cry: ) like pro named RC, the bike has the rip already preinstalled

Riding style is the next best thing, learn to ride faster. Again RC proves this, not the bike not the rider but a combo and the rider does make the differance. RC is focused, he is in shape and he has the mentality of I cannot be beat. You put all that together and you have all the Rip you can handle