Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
whenisSANDseason

what dose wr stand for

23 posts in this topic

Does anyone remember way back whern the YZ first came out what they called them. :cry: Hint, they were yellow back then (for those in Rio Linda or too young to remember)

Does anyone remember way back whern the YZ first came out what they called them. :cry: Hint, they were yellow back then (for those in Rio Linda or too young to remember)

I remember watching B.Hannah and B.Glover race YZ's at Hangtown (IV ??) as a kid, but I didn't know the YZ had a special name when it first came out.

Ime only about 20 miles frum Reo Linda, may-be thits why I dunno. :cry:

WR.....could stand for alot of things....

1. Wide Ratio

2. Wild Ride

3. Wrong Rut :cry::cry:

4. Wrong Rider

List goes on and on

If I remember correctly the early ones were called "MX" the YZ came out in 73 I think. Or are you referring to the "IT"

Jim

The original YZ's were silver. The yellow bikes were called "MX", unless you're talking about the factory bikes, which were "OW"'s.

Yellow Zinger? :cry:

Not quite, but real close. It was Yellow Zonkers" , the adds reffered to them as the "Screaming Yellow Zonkers" I remember the candied popcorn, kinda like the fiddle faddle, it was Yellow Zonkers too. I always think of those old yellow and black Yamahas back in the day when I see the popcorn. I was at the Seattle Supercross in 79 when Hurrican Hannah won on a YZ250. It was my first supercross. Now I look at those bikes and wonder how they ever even rode them. Jumps back then would be whoops by todays standards.

Not quite, but real close. It was Yellow Zonkers" , the adds reffered to them as the "Screaming Yellow Zonkers" I remember the candied popcorn, kinda like the fiddle faddle, it was Yellow Zonkers too. I always think of those old yellow and black Yamahas back in the day when I see the popcorn. I was at the Seattle Supercross in 79 when Hurrican Hannah won on a YZ250. It was my first supercross. Now I look at those bikes and wonder how they ever even rode them. Jumps back then would be whoops by todays standards.

sorry but the screaming yellow zonker's were the suzuki rm lineup. :cry: check your history..

sorry but the screaming yellow zonker's were the suzuki rm lineup. :cry: check your history..

I dont need to check, I'll take your word for it. I was going on my memory, but it was over 30 yrs ago. I "could" be wrong.