96 bd's?

will my 05 wr 450 pass the 96 dB's with the exhaust tip taken all the way out?

i have taken the baffle out but thought i might run even better with it all the way unplugged?

I heard its within the limits. I heard with the baffle its around 82-86. w/o the little baffle it jumps up in the 90's. no big different

If im wrong let me know

will my 05 wr 450 pass the 96 dB's with the exhaust tip taken all the way out?

i have taken the baffle out but thought i might run even better with it all the way unplugged?

Corked, mid 80's, GTYR or PMB insert about 91-92, uncorked is about 96 or 97. Its pretty noisy. I have an FMF powercore4 witht he quiet core insert and its not as load, plus gives good power.

Just had my '05 WR450 tested at Hungry Valley looking for that 96 number like Yamaha says. I had removed the entire metal tube insert and it tested at 97.5 db. The dealer had removed it for me when I bought it and I did not even realize that there was a smaller insert inside the tube that has a rivot that needs to be drill out in order to remove it. I think that if I remove this "inner insert" and then put the metal tube back in, it will pass at 96. But for closed course racing, I will keep the tube out.

Look in this month issue of Dirt Bike mag for a good picture of this insert.