HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cgrlvr35

Fuel screw ? ? ?

8 posts in this topic

Hello again. from my last threads I told you about my crappy running 05 WR450. U told me th efree mods. Done one (baffle) Bike was in with dealer twice. thought problem was fixed. Took out ran like crap. So on so On. Took to new dealer. They stated the fuel screw was missing. Thats why it had been running so crappy. Does that sound right and where is the fuel screw located. Ive looked at the Zip ty model. The dealer thinks it could have vibrated loose or the dealer didnt put it back etc. Since I bought it it has been running like crap. Any suggestions

Thanks

Learn to jet it yourself. TT is right here and we can help you through it. You need to rejet at least for each season of riding ( 4 times per year minimum). You might as well learn how to do it. It is not that hard. Your bike will run like crap with the fuel screw out! :cry:

As a minimum all dirt riders need to be able to clean/oil your air filter. Clean/Lube and adjust your chain. Do a basic oil and filter.

Carb rejet for the season.

The dealer can do the rest if you are not comfortable with other challenges.

Muchas gras. I pm'd u Indy. thanks for all your help. I have to start getting witha group and hang out and learn from the vets. :cry:

The '05 fuel screw is CAPPED!

It didn't fall out, unless one of the dealers uncapped it (I think it requires drilling, I haven't seen one up close).

That was part of making it a green-stickered bike for California... capped fuel screw and the AIS.

The '05 fuel screw is CAPPED!

It didn't fall out, unless one of the dealers uncapped it (I think it requires drilling, I haven't seen one up close).

That was part of making it a green-stickered bike for California... capped fuel screw and the AIS.

The fuel screw is capped but you don't have to drill it to get it out. It has a small hole where an o-ring pick or something similar can pop the cap right out. Even if the cap came off, the fuel screw wouldn't have vibrated out unless someone turned it out and lost contact with the spring and o-ring that are behind it. :cry: I am doing my own mods now because the dealers don't know what they are doing for the most part-I will learn it myself. I actually watched my buddy tear apart his new WR450 last night to put the steering dampner on. I told him I didn't think the 3 clamp off his YZ would fit, he insisted it would :cry: Wrong. He then proceeded to put radiator guards on that the dealer told him were for his bike-Wrong. So he decided to try and make them fit-Then he had no power?? Pulled the seat and had a nice blown fuse :D:cry: Pulled the tank and found he had pinched a wire against the frame when installing the wrong guards. I was :D:cry::devil::devil: I guess the message here is take your time and make sure you have the proper parts :cry:

Spoke to rep with yamaha corporate in So Cal. They will cover the part and the diagnostics. Not much out of my pocket. Im going to get the zip-ty fuel screw from thumper and deal with it after the bike is back and I put some riding time in. Hopefully everything will be fine. Thanks

Did you find out how the fuel screw "fell out". I had drill the cap that covers it and unscrew it, I don't see how it could just fall out.

Learn to jet it yourself. TT is right here and we can help you through it...

I can vouch for that. Got gobs of help with my jettign FAQ's! :cry: Most came from Indy himself.