Mobile One Recalled

I didn't really look, I wasn't sure what to look for. I saw another post, I think it was in the yz forum, saying that the gold cap is different and it is not recomended to run in a motorcycle. I think somebody called a tech with Mobil and they said not to run it in a bike. I wish I new for sure because I really like the old red cap.

Of course Mobil 1 is going to say don't run it in bikes, they said the same thing about previous red cap 15w50 and they probably stated they carry a line of motorcycle oils.

If you check the "General" post section I did a post there about the new Extended Performance changes. I found a virgin oil analysis done on Mobil1 EP 10w30 and compared it side to side to previous Mobil 1 10w30 and Mobil 1 15w50 and let me tell you the changes were quite few and some for the better. In a nut shell Boron, Zinc, and Phosphorous all went up along with moly going up to 76 I think which is hardley different than the previous moly levels.

True, it was the 10w30 EP that I was referring to but the levels of antiwear additives were very similar between the old 10w30 and 15w50 which makes me think the same changes occurred to the EP15w50. I bought another gallon of the red cap since it was $19.00 but next the EP 15w50 is going in.