HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bigdrtrdr

Mobile One Recalled

22 posts in this topic

Went to my local Walmart to pick up my usual gallon of R/C and was informed by the auto parts Mgr. that all Mobile 1 oils except for green cap products were pulled off the shelves last night and are being sent back on a recall notice.

And are being replaced with a whole new product lineup from Mobile.:cry:

I ended up with a gallon of Rotalla 5w/40 synthetic 13.00.

Hope this stuff works OK.

Later,

Eric

Any idea of why it was recalled? I'm going to have to call around and see if any body has any left.

I have seen in other areas of this forum talk about a new "Extended Service" product, But I cant imagine why they would pull all the old stock off the shelves and recall it when they could just have the stores blowit out at a cheap price.

Seams like a lot of hassle

Eric

I am an assistant manager at Advance Auto and I know we still have it. Mobil 1 switched bottle styles, but I have yet to hear anything about a recall. I will check this evening when I get to work and let you guys know if I find anything out!

I use Shell Rotella-T Synthetic, and it works great.

I actually did a LOT of research into the specs of available oils (specifically, Mobile-1, Rotella, and Amsoil). Amsoil is definately the best, but not by much, and Mobile-1 and Rotella-T Synthetic are pretty much tied...so I go with the Synthetic Rotella-T, since it's about HALF the price. :cry:

Where do you find this Rotella at? Is something you get from the mc dealer or can you buy it at the auto parts stores?

The ONLY place I have found it is at Walmart. I'd love to find another source where I could buy it in bulk, and save even more. I've heard that farmers can buy it in drums...but I don't know where...

I bought the last 6 quarts that target had by my house. I went to auto zone and they told me they are just changing the bottle. But the weird thing is that all of the old bottles were gone off the shelf. Did everyone buy up what they had or did they send them back??????

They are still on the shelves around my area. I'm really curious to see the new mobil oils.

To funny

I was also at Wallmart here in Canada and all large bottles withthe red cap where gone

All the other bottles where there but in two different sizes 4.4 L and 5 L

Should I be stocking up ????

Dirtbike

I went by my Walmart and all red cap was replaced with 15w-50 gold cap. I don't if this is the same stuff??? :cry: I went by Target and they had some individual quarts left so I picked up a couple from there.

I went by my Walmart and all red cap was replaced with 15w-50 gold cap. I don't if this is the same stuff??? :cry: I went by Target and they had some individual quarts left so I picked up a couple from there.

That gold cap you saw, did you see if it was energy conserving?

The ONLY place I have found it is at Walmart. I'd love to find another source where I could buy it in bulk, and save even more. I've heard that farmers can buy it in drums...but I don't know where...

Try a truck stop. I'm pretty sure you can get 5 gallon and larger buckets of it.

I think you guys need to get out of the WR forum once in awhile, a discussion has been going on about this for quite awhile in the YZ forum. All your questions should be answered here http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=221492&parentpage=2

I personally am going to start runnin the Shell Rotella T full synthetic 5-40, lots of people here run it and seem plenty happy with it.