parts unlimited chain and steel sprockets

any one use parts unlimited o-ring chain and steel sprockets? how is the wear?

I got the X-ring PU chain and sprockets. Not bad at all. Steel is the way to go with 4 strokes. The chain is holding up well. Price is good and so is availability. Only downside is that the sideplates rust quicker than the pricier chains.

thanks Tim i can handle alittle rust. just an indication of me needing to ride more.

anyone else have info?

I'm running the stock chain with the Ironman 13T on the front and a 50T Primary Drive on the rear. Definately go with steel sprockets.

I'm running the stock chain with the Ironman 13T on the front and a 50T Primary Drive on the rear. Definately go with steel sprockets.

Ditto on that. Aluminum is for beer cans.

I run the Part Unlimited o-ring chain on my 650 with good results. I noticed when I bought it that the tensile stength was up there with the higher end chains and with it being an o-ring chain I figured I would give it a try. Probably has over 1000 miles on it now with need of and occasional adjustment, though not bad. I run the 14t Moose front sprocket with the stock 45t out back off road and the 15t front for road trips.:cry:

For what it is worth I run the D.I.D. X-ring chain on my CRF 450 and am very pleased with it also. They were just a little more money, and were highly recomended here on TT so I went with that one on my new bike. :cry: